Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Out with the old.....

Here is a review of 2010:
January
* Worked a gig for New Years Eve on "The Temptress". Had some friends aboard with me. We had fun! Brought in the New Year, toasting to fireworks over the Statue of Liberty.

February
* Poked my eyes out with a stick.

March
* I can't remember what I had for supper, let alone what I did in March, so I guess it wasn't that memorable.....

April
* Went to Brazil with my friend from Semester at Sea and met up with our friend Zella who was working the Spring 2010 voyage. Went to a soccer match in Rio. Visited the ship in Salvador, which is in the northern part of the country.

May
* Went to Hawaii with JoAnn, my BFF from High School

June
* Had a miracle happen: got a table at Rao's with my friend John
* Went to Cincinnati for my Cousin Stephanie's graduation

July
* Went to Canton/Akron for 4th of July with my family

August
* Got offered a promotion at my job and made a difficult decision to relocate.

September
* Went to Ireland with Dara. Stayed mostly in Dublin, but also visited The Cliffs of Moher and Gallway.
* Moved to North Carolina.

October
* Went to Wilmington with Douglas.
* Went back to NYC for Halloween weekend. Saw lots of old friends. Cried the entire way back.

November
* Made a grueling drive to Ohio for my sister-in-law's baby shower. Had to leave at 4 AM just to make it there on time.

December
* Planned and organized Graduation and Commencement ceremony for my students. It was a much huger project than I ever realized. But fun.

* Traveled back to New York for Christmas. Got stuck there for three extra days and it was fantastic!

* Best of all: Missed a phone call while I was on the flight back to NC. Learned that my first nephew was born! Sergio Cyrus. I will meet him in two weeks and I can't wait.


What I've done so far in January:
* Watched the Twilight Zone Marathon.
* Toured a microbrewery in Raleigh.
* Had a snow day- spent the day on the sofa, eating potato chips (while still sticking to weight watchers, thankyouverymuch), watching re-runs of Law & Order, and unloading the dishwasher. A success so far, if I do say so myself.

Goals for 2011
* Love
* Increase my income
* Many visits to Ohio to visit my new Nephew (and the rest of my family)
* Be a better friend to people I love
* Donate clothing and furniture that I no longer need to Salvation Army
* Travel to Abu Dhabi and Qatar to visit two of my friends who work in higher education at campuses in those countries
* Attend NASPA convention in Philadelphia for professional development
* Lose 52 pounds
* Take advantage of the pool at my apartment this summer
* Learn how to brew beer
* Cut back on drinking to oblivion (Had to put some easy ones in there- since I haven't ever really done this at all- I want to be successful achieving these) :)
* Stop sending the Universe mixed messages about what I want in life
* New York = home.

No comments: