Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter...no wait Groundhog's Day....I mean Easter X 2...Groundhog's Day

We had two April 12ths this year and two Easter Sundays. We are about to cross the International Dateline, so we had to repeat one day twice and the Powers that Be decided Easter would be the best day to have twice.

It's also Passover, which I was reminded of when I tried to get some matzo- and someone politely told me they only prepared a certain amount and I should go to the other line of the buffet. Oops, sorry guys!

"Groundhog's Day" with Bill Murray was playing on the ship's TV loop. The ironic thing is that I've been sick as a dog and I just left the TV on as I was resting in my cabin. So I've seen Groundhog's Day about 8 times.

Finally it's April 13th already. Easter is over. Tonight is the Semester @ Sea Auction.

My Sister-in-Law sent me some photos from my childhood, which reminded me: I've been on a ship during Easter/Passover once before. (Except we only had one Easter that time). This cruise was when I was in 5th grade, which would have made me about 10 years old. Song of Norway, Royal Caribbean Cruiseline, Easter 1986. Itinerary: Miami FL; Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico, and Labadee Haiti. Cabin 374. Inside cabin. Deck 3. (Yes, I really do remember all that. I have a special place in my brain for good childhood memories.) I love being on ships. So does my boss....in fact, he's on vacation this week- hi Joe! Hope you're having a good time! See you in a little less than a month...

In the meantime, I thought you guys might get a kick out of some of these photos:



And because I anticipate some of you asking this question: No, I did not dress up as a Giant Easter Egg with a rainbow on it this time around.

2 comments:

Rebekah Chow said...

Wow, gotta love those old photos! P.S. my husband went to the home opener at CitiField last night, and we went to a closed batting practice last weekend. The stadium is gorgeous---even if the team still hasnt ironed out the bullpen!

Dara said...

2 Things....

1. I friggen LOVE that movie...and Bill Murray for that matter...

2. You brother looks like Miami Vice in that blazer...haha...

Oh, and three...you made for a beautiful easter egg...